Friday, March 12, 2010

Tip of the Week - What is Chicken Track?

Chicken Track
Q: A pattern I want to try calls for chicken track around a base where filler reed was placed, what is the chicken track.?

A: "Chicken Track" is merely one of several terms for the design that is created when filler spokes are split down the middle and tucked under a stake to each side rather than being turned back upon themselves (this forms a "V" shape). The term was most likely first applied by someone who knows the design chickens make in the mud. It is also referred to as: chicken feet, crow's feet & henscratch.

No comments: